Saturday, September 8, 2018

A New Start

I am going to re-design this blog.  I realized I don't want to stop blogging, it is just that I don't recognize this space anymore.  I started this blog in my late 20s.  I was blogging about training hard, finding my fastest self in races, and drinking wine with my girlfriends in Memphis.

Now, I am 40 years old and finding health, redefining myself, and hoping to find a place for me in the racing world while giving as much time as I possibly can to my job as a physical therapist and family.  I am virtually unrecognizable when placed next to the pictures of the racing girl on this page.  My heart is still the same, but my days look very different.  

And since life just looks different, so should this blog.  Give me a little time and it is done.  It is the next step.

I have decided to close out this year with as many positive things as I can.  Every month.  Every dang month I am going to make something awesome happen.

September 2018:

I am now a certified RRCA coach.  I have never felt at home like I did in this course.  I already knew the material they presented like the back of my hand...because it is on my bookshelf tattered and underlined through the years and books of reading I have done simply because I love running.   It was not that I did not learn anything new.  I did!  It is just that I was thrilled with how much I already did know.  In the coaching course I felt strong.  I felt knowledgeable.  I felt like a leader.  Following your passion is just simply awesome.


For the remainder of September I plan to hike some of the Appalachian Trail to clear my mind and heart.  I will then be back home with a clear mind and readiness to move forward to the next place.

No comments: