Wednesday, July 11, 2018

A 5 Year Old

It is hard to believe Isla turned 5.  I am so proud of her development, her spirit, and her growth.  I cherish every single day I get with her.  I try not to take it for granted, as I know life can be taken from us in the blink of an eye.  But my hope as a mother is that we get to spend the rest of my life as people, mother and daughter, and friends.





Probably my favorite birthday quote from her was, "mom, I think I just want to stay 4.  I don't think I want to turn 5 anymore."  When I asked why, she replied, "Because if I turn 5, you will turn a year older too, and I don't want you to get older and die.  So I will just stay this age so we can be together forever."  WOW.  I had to write that one down so I don't ever forget it.

At 5 years of age, my daughter is kind.  She is a wonderful kid and a great joy in my life.

No comments: