Saturday, October 20, 2012

Motivation A Coming....

I have done most of my time in "jail" I believe. :) Like a good little athlete, I truly sat out and rested, knowing that better days and good training would be coming for me in the future.  The future is not yet realized, but a corner has been turned, I believe.

I have done so much reading on immune system, nutrition, Epstein-Barr and similar virus-type infections, etc...enough to make my head explode!  It seems that there are 3 main components to the immune system:  nutrition, rest/relaxation, and exercise.  Get one out of balance with the other, and you will have problems.  It is easy to see where I can improve.  I don't want to count my chickens before they hatch, so when I truly get back out there, I will let you guys know what worked....and what didn't!

But looky what arrived just recently to give me some motivation as I slowly start to get back out there and re-discover the sport when the time is right!
Some new Wattie Ink gear!!!  Yea!!!!!!!!!!  Love this squad.  Thank you so much, Mu and Dusty!!!!!  I have amazing teammates- it has been awesome to Rock the W this year!!!!  What a great team!
After almost 3 months off from swimming,  I needed some new suits for motivation.  I can always count on Splish to send me some fun stuff in a grab bag- great deals!  And, you never know what you are going to get!  I love that I got some sparkly stuff this time.  And the funniest suit was the "Team Lovato" suit I got.  I don't even know the Lovato's!  LOL!
I was fortunate enough to get a kit from Michelle Landry as she retired this line.  It is more beautiful in life than you can even tell in pictures.  She only has maybe 2 or 3 more pieces left with this design, so check out her site if you want to grab one last piece.  I can't ride outside yet, but when I can, I know I have a beautiful kit waiting for me for some motivation.

1 comment:

Iron Krista, "The Dog Mom" said...

New Schwag! Always motivates me ;) I need some new swimsuits to get me to the pool as it starts to get colder outside!