Thursday, September 6, 2012

Here Comes Fall!

Fall is here, although you can't tell with the 90+ degree days that are continuing to linger.

But, I know the season has changed, because all of a sudden I don't have a single weekend free for the next 3 months.  My mailman, Walter, asked me the other day if it was my birthday because I have had so many cards coming to me in the mail.  Nope!  Just a lot of great invitations!  Every single weekend there is some wedding, baby shower, trip, birthday party, event, etc...  It is going to be busy, but I absolutely love it.   

And, as of today, I also booked my flight to Pittsburgh, to don a Steelers jersey with Kari at the end of October.  It kind of creeps me out to think I have to dress like a Steelers fan.  (I just literally had the shivers).  But, she was a good sport about wearing a Saints shirt when she came to a game with me in New Orleans last year, so I have to be a good sport too.
Kari begrudgingly put on a Saints shirt last year at the Superdome.
At least Kari is not making me run a half marathon for this trip.  We are going to do a fun Halloween 5k instead.  I have two options:  1.  wear a really big costume so I have an excuse to walk the 5k  or 2.  wear a Saintsation costume.  
 We did have some pretty cute outfits for our half marathon. :)

So, all of this fall fun starts to add up $$$$.  Here is a cool link for 2 free tickets to a local museum on September 29th in your area if you are looking to get out of the house and go have some FREE fun. I have also thrown this on my schedule for a little brain stimulus.  Plus, it always feels good to do cool things that don't cost a dime.  Click on your city to see which museums are on the list in your city. 

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/museumday/ticket/


Happy September!

2 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

You're coming to Pittsburgh?! That is awesome -- if you have any free time while you're here and want to meet up, let me know! :)

GoBigGreen said...

aww you are both too cute