Monday, September 3, 2012

Adventure Weekend Part 2- With the Fam

Saturday I took my supremely tired, scratched up, bug bitten, bruised body to Hot Springs to spend some time with my parents at the lake.  It is always good to see them, and nothing is better to me than a day in Arkansas.  
Sunday morning we went ziplining in a beautiful part of Arkansas.  I must say, it was one of the best things I have done this year.  There is nothing like trying a new adventure in the forest.  


I did a pretty good job on the lines, and had some good chuckles over everyone betting whether or not I would make some of the longer ones.  On the line above, I tried to get as aero as possible and still came up a little short.  Here I am in a little ball, trying to make it over the water :)
And, I lost all bets.  I had to hand over hand it to the dock. 
The best part of the day was watching my parents on the ziplines.  At 62 years old, they are having more fun than ever.  My dad was hanging upside down and trying tricks.  This did not surprise me.  But, my mom (pictured above) really hung in there- no complaints.  I enjoyed seeing her have fun. 
Dave, of course, did all of the fun tricks as well.  I chickened out. 
 
Dave, Damie, Nami(mom)

We spent the rest of the day on the lake, enjoying the beautiful water and sunshine.  I don't ever realize how much I miss the boats and water until I get back on one, and then it is the funnest things I can imagine. 
Papa and Nami on the lake- it was wonderful to spend time with my parents. 
I can't really put into words how happy I am to share my life with Dave. 

The weekend was capped off with some girlfriend time with Laura G and Nancy.  Dave brought home a convertible Mustang for the weekend, which is why my hair looks so hot.  :) Another weekend of good times. 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So fun! I remember driving through Arkansas a couple of years ago thinking "gosh, this is gorgeous" I don't think anyone realizes how pretty that state is. I *love* that your parents went zip lining.

Joy said...

I miss water too! And boats and skiing and all of it. What a fun weekend! Next summer we can do an Arkansas trip together ;)

Anne-Marie said...

Ziplining looks SO fun - it's on my to-do list. Looks super pretty there too!

Jennifer Harrison said...

Ah, just what you needed!!! LOOKS like so much fun! I need to try that zip lining!

GoBigGreen said...

Ok I am going to vote for NO FOOTBALL outing this fall and i want to go to see your parents and go zip lining and go in your boat. HOW FUN! I guess Lake Superior is fun so i cant complain but gee whiz that looks awesome.

Laura said...

So great to see you! And you had a jam-packed weekend for sure. Hugs!