Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Warm Dogs

How I ended up stealing warmth from my dogs on the couch and watching Kourtney and Kim Take New York...

The heater in our house broke last week. No heat. Our house has been a cozy 40-50 degrees. Brrr!!!! I was pretty tough at first and acted like it didn't affect me, but now I am just constantly feeling sick and cold.

Yesterday my car died while I was at work in the pouring, cold rain. I kind of need the car to work since I travel about 400 miles a week for work.

Everything happens in 3s, right? This morning I was wondering what the 3rd thing would be as I drove our other car to swim practice. Well, the answer came shortly after. When I returned to my car, the cold snap had put a nice long crack across the windshield.

New Christmas List:
1. A heater
2. A car battery (hopefully that is all)
3. A new windshield

Anyways, add a late night of work + busted vessel in an eye with a screaming headache to my otherwise cold and unhappy body, and you can see how I ended up on the couch...stealing heat from my dogs and watching bad, yet good TV.

And what is up with little Mason's hair? I just don't like the mullet look.

2 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

Aww man... sorry to hear about the string of unfortunate events... no fun!! I guess the silver lining with the broken heater is that you have the doggies to snuggle with.

Hope everything gets worked out soon!!

Angela and David said...

I don't get Mason's hair either. I wish I could stop watching those Kardashian's but I can't. Chris Humphry's house is on one of my running routes so I used to hope I might run into Kim. Don't think that will be happening now.

And that is a terrible run of luck. Geez. And I had no idea a cold snap could crack your window. Hope everything is getting fixed now!