Saturday, November 5, 2011

My Kind Of Weekend

We are in the midst of a huge weekend.

Friday night was Sip Around The World, a big wine tasting event at the Botanical Gardens. The wine tastes especially good when Dave scores some free tickets. I told Tim to go ahead and expect me to NOT make any planned group workouts on Saturday morning.

My sweet husband :) Oh, and this picture was taken with his new i-phone, which I think is ridiculous. We held out for so long, and he finally broke down and got a smart phone. Next year it will be out of date and he will just want to "upgrade." He says I am old fashioned and scared of progress, and I say he is a prey to consumerism and marketing. (honestly, I just don't one more dern bill to pay). I will keep my old flip phone, thank you. (But his phone did take some cute pics for use last night, so while I reserve the right to make fun of him, I also reserve the right to use his phone :)
Damie and Kathy after just a few sips....

Damie and Kathy after several hours...

Today I had a bike on tap with a swim still to come. I decided to keep this workout on the trainer since it had some 25, 20, and 15 minute intervals. It was one of the better workouts I have had on the bike in a while, and it left me feeling like my old, motivated self.
My view from the trainer- Ironman Florida virtual spectating. Go Alisha and Brandon-go fast, fast and get that KQ!!! Go Alex- get that first time finish! Have a great day!!!

Tonight, of course, is LSU and Alabama in Tuscaloserville (as one of my friends put it...ha ha!!!) More partying to come!!!!

No comments: