Tuesday, November 9, 2010

No fracture- great news! After a week of not being able to walk, we finally scheduled the MRI. 8cm bone damage (medullary bleeding, etc) but no crack in cortex. Lots of vastus intermedius damage. So one way to look at it is that I am lucky the guy did not break my leg. I tend to look at it the other way- I am a rockstar that can handle a big tackle. Except I don't heal as quickly any more- as Dave likes to point out- I need to reverse my mindset of 23 to my real age of 32. And as perverse as it sounds, I am even more eager to go play another game.

I finally got to get on my bike a little bit today. I love my morning rides- this time of year it is easy and social. I have a small 4:55 am crew that meets for a few extra miles. McKee and I talk about our dogs the whole time and how much we love them. Every single morning we have a new "I love my dog" story.


Tim talks about how he doesn't sleep because he has kids, the kids were sick, the kids wouldn't take a bath, etc. Every ride I do with Tim puts me one more week behind in family planning. McKee and I interject from time to time with a statement about how great our dogs are. And we repeat these conversations every single morning with hardly any variation. Tim is tired, and McKee and I are happy with our dogs.

So the ride was doable. Obviously no running for a bit- I am a little disappointed to be out of the Road Race Series as I was starting to run well and ready to blast out a good half marathon. But I think I am going to come back around pretty quickly- maybe a late winter half marathon will be in the works.

Ugh...I am just delaying the inevitable with work. Off I go.

2 comments:

Jan said...

you've gone on a bike ride, you've written a blog post, and you've gone to work. and here i still sit in my pj's! see, mommyhood isn't so bad!

GoBigGreen said...

Well I am glad its not a break. and join me in the misery of missing fall running. Of course for me to do our winter half in january it could be 10 below, so i will have to wait on that one as my " return to run!" race!

Stay in touch, hope you are doing ok! You will heal fast, you are in your 30's silly girl:)