Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Catching Up...

Every day it feels like I am catching up. Do you ever catch up?

I did shift my work hours on Tuesday in order to run before work, and I think that I may do that now 1-2x per week. It has been so hard to run after work on dead legs, so this may be my new solution to attacking the run. The only problem I had was nutrition...how to eat before a morning run? Any solutions that do not involve waking up 2 hours early?

I am still doing well with waking up early. Dave has only had to get on to me once or twice in the past few months. I am going to go to the Peddler ride tomorrow to have some social activity outside of work. I asked Dave if I even liked the Peddler ride when I used to do it last year, and he said "yes, you just didn't like to get up for it." Figures. Kert has started doing the ride this week, so I am going to join him so I will have some company. Do I really need company as I die?

And I will be trying out a new wheel and riding my tri bike to try out my gear for an upcoming race. Sorry if that is uncool. Apparently, there are some cyclists in this city...ahem...that hate triathletes and say mean things regarding their skill or ability. (even though they have been stomped by some triathletes in races, but I guess they have drowned out that memory). Since a 5-year-old can ride a bike, I don't think the activity should be exclusive to certain riders that think they are better than everyone else. I think the sport should be for everyone, regardless of goals, passions, or level. I really don't like the terms Fred, or whatever else people say, although you can use them if you want and I won't be the PC police. I just don't understand who makes the judgment call on the "cool" and "uncool" people.

sorry, off on a tangent.

catching up. yes.

Laura and I had a good conversation about swimming as we are in different master's programs. I have some opinions on the subject, but since I am a sucky swimmer, I won't express them with full authority. I have improved, though, so I do think some things have been going right for me. I will send you over to this post, though, from Chuckie V. Good reading.

Enjoy the rest of the week. A happy weekend is almost here!

4 comments:

runningyankee said...

cheers for getting up early- i have yet to master that skill. we have a few of the roadie rides around here too.. if you show up on your TT bike they are a bit generous with the evil eye.

Jan said...

why does anyone care if you're a triathlete? bikers are soooo strange. stick with runners. they're way more accepting. anyhow, what does fred mean?

Laura said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Joy said...

I finally read it, and was waiting for your comment. Those types are just jealous that they can't swim and run too. :)