Saturday, September 19, 2009

Great Life

So, I broke down and bought People magazine last night.  The checkout line was moving way too fast, and I didn't get to read the whole Patrick Swayze article.  Seriously, though, at $5 a pop for the magazine, I could have saved up for his autobiography in hardback that is coming out!

I think what struck me about the article is that he had this amazing, multi-faceted life.  He was a football player, track high jumper, classical ballet performer, actor, animal lover, pilot, ranch owner, world traveller, on and on.  I just kept thinking, what a great life, you know?  I mean, that is the way I want to live my life.  

AND!  Patrick had some pretty bad knee problems which ended his dancing career.  He said he had some regrets that he had to stop dancing and never fully realized his potential, and I really understood what he meant.  But, still, he went on to do so much, and again, had a great life.  Nice lesson for me as I struggle through my injury.  

I had a pretty good week this week.  Work is in full swing, and it is hard.  But, I can say I enjoy what I do and I NEVER look at the clock to see when it is time to go home.  It is actually the opposite- I look at the clock and realize I have run out of time yet again.  

Dave and I also got to eat dinner with our "couple" friends, Justin and Kathy.  We always said we needed another "couple" in order to do "couple things".  This is an old, silly picture of me and Kathy from the Happy Mexican a year ago.  Good times ;)  

And...what else... Bekah and I had a chance to go visit Shelby Angel, shop for wedding stuff, and be crazy sisters together. 

Life this week was pretty full :)

Oh, and Shelby Angel wanted me to let you guys know that she started her own blog at
www.shelbyangel.blogspot.com

Happy Reading!


No comments: