Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Mardi Gras 2017

Oops I did it again...
I didn't post.

But seriously.  The past two months have been wild.  We closed on a house and moved.  My father-in-law had a bad stroke.  Dave and I started coaching again.  Mardi Gras arrived.  Every minute seemed to be spoken for before it arrived.

We have survived and are looking forward to some low-key days, even just for a second.  Here are just a few pictures of the Mardi Gras season to catch up on the blog.

Mardi Gras 2017!

 Algiers Point Parade with my family and all of the kiddos.  Have I told you how awesome my neighborhood is?
 Krewe Du Vieux with long time friend Becca, Phyllis and Dave
 Nyx Parade 2017- I brought home two elusive Nyx purses!  Thanks Carole and Hilary!
 Muses 2017....we got a much sought after Muses shoe!!!  Gracias Nadine!  So awesome!
Off to Endymion as a family

In my happy place and wearing funky clothes. :)

Fat Tuesday in the Quarter- Mother Forker and my friend Bella/Cotton Candy 

So we had great costumes this year- funny and smart.  We were "Meet the Forkers."  We had clean and dirty forks (ex:  clean forks- May The Fork Be With You, Fork In The Road.  Dirty forks- Mother Forker, Cluster Fork, Who Gives a Fork.......)  The were Out-Forking Standing!  


At some point during Fat Tuesday, I was walking in the French Quarter, watching insanely excessive partying, partying a bit myself, and I had the most sobering yet funny thought:  "OMG- it has just hit me why I cannot get in shape to race.  Look at me!  I am parading through the Quarter as a fork!!!  No wonder!!!!!"   It was a funny realization.  I have my work cut out for me, and I will have to slow down my extra curricular life a bit if I ever want to race again.  Being back in Nola makes me feel 20 again...more on that in another post.  But my world is certainly different here than it was for the past 10 years in Memphis.  


This was Isla after about 3 weeks of Mardi Gras partying.  I swear I felt the same way- otherworldly overstimulation followed by happy exhaustion.  


No comments: