Saturday, October 8, 2016

Almost Settled

I am trying to keep this blog up.  I feel like the blog may be a big reflection of training.  When it is on a roll, so is the blog.  When I stall...so does the blog.

News:

-We have a contract on our house in Memphis.  With a few repairs to do, our house should be sold by mid-November.  Selling the house has taken a lot of mental energy from us, so we will be happy to close on it and look forward to furthering our transition here in Memphis.  Plus, owning a house in one city while renting in another has made finances tight.  Too tight.  So, this is great- fingers crossed for continued smooth sailing.

- I am back and forth with momentum on the job front.  I will have plenty of work one week and think, "hey!  I can do this!  It is working out!" and then I will have a low week and the feeling will completely shift.  And now, for the first time in years, I am also working in 2 places that I just dislike.  Really dislike.  One is unethical.  The other is very overbearing.  The management is not kind.  It is hard to believe at this age these things exist, but I am also not surprised that the two companies where I experience this are also the two "rehab management" companies that don't actually own the facilities.  It is all about the numbers, which is never employee friendly.  So, I have not found my home here yet in the work force.  I would say this is may be my biggest stressor from both a financial and soulful position.

 - Dave and I have been doing new and unusual things.  This city is just a great place for really exploring different parts of your personality.  Here I am reading on stage...in a bar...for banned books week.  Don't ask me how this happened.
 - Isla is loving school.  She has many sweet friends, and I already know many of the parents.  I feel a huge sense of community in just a short amount of time.
 - Yes, we are just having a lot of fun with life.
-And soccer.  Isla is playing, following directions, and having fun.  After noting the complete male dominance and lack of organization, I finally stepped up today.  I didn't play soccer my whole life and fight to my highest level possible to watch the kids not get the most out of the experience.  So, today I stepped on the field, and it looks as though my days of watching on the sidelines (a whopping 2) are in the rearview mirror.

-Training and health:
My lab tests came back in good shape.  No real sense the EBV is active now, so that is good.  All other levels look solid.  My doc has been great and we chatted on cell phone yesterday.  Next up is heart check and hormone panel.  I just have to stick with it and not get stalled on the process.  And that- getting stalled when I have momentum- has been a real issue for me the past few years.  It is a sign of disorganization.  So, the skill I am working on as a mother/employee/athlete is to FINISH what I start.  I am working on buying a bike...and I have to finish the process.  I can't let it drag on for a year, which I will do if I take my foot of the gas.  I have to get help to figure out why I got so sick this year...I can't let up!

I am consistently doing something to "train" every day.   It is all Z2 and very slow, simply because I am so out of shape my Z2 is slow.   But, until I feel healthy and strong, I just can't handle anything hard.  I have some posterior tibialis tendonitis, and that also really stinks.  For the first time in my 28 years of running, I have had my first soft tissue injuries with the hip earlier in the year and now this.  It hurts.  I don't even know how I got it since I haven't been training.  But, I guess when your body is not strong, stuff happens.  But, no excuses...I am pushing forward.

Back to watching Kona.  Damn it Raelert with your penalty!  Don't do that to me!!!!!  Fingers crossed he smokes it back to the podium.  Cheers to all of my friends racing, and best of luck to everyone in their training.  See you out there soon.

D

No comments: