Sunday, December 20, 2015

Santa Time

Isla is getting so pumped for "Christmas Day."  She is ready to open the presents under the tree, and I have to remind her that it is not actually Christmas Day yet.  The holidays are definitely more fun with a kid in the house.  

So, I did not heed Angela's advice- but I have stored it away in the back of my brain for future snack and lunch stress.  We made reindeer snacks for class.  It was actually a lot of fun for Isla, and she was really proud to hand them out to her class.  (There was nothing healthy about them, but I just let that go, and provided some bananas too to ease my conscience).  I managed to fit a run in that night as well, so really all turned out well, and I guess I just needed morning where I ignored the alarm.
It was finally time for us to go and see Santa Claus.  Last year, we didn't get a picture because she refused to sit in his lap and had a total meltdown.

This year we were ready.  Food in the belly...discussions on what Isla was going to ask Santa to bring her for Christmas (dinosaurs, if you are wondering)...and general excitement.
We looked at the Christmas trees and decorations.  
We prepped our smiles.  
There was some daddy and daughter love.

But...ha ha!!!! No good picture with Santa.  I couldn't even get her out of my arms to sit in Santa's lap.  She kept her head buried in my chest and cried, "I want my mommy!"  I had to force her head to turn out for the briefest of seconds.  What a joke!  Dave absolutely loves this picture and thinks it is so funny.  

This time of the year is so hectic, but I love it so much.  I have 5 parties in the next 3 days....whoo hoo!  No complaints- I love it.  


2 comments:

Angela and David said...

Do whatever works! Those reindeer look fun! She looks so big in the pictures, I wonder if Landon's clothes will still fit her?

Joy said...

This is so funny. I just posted the same thing, and I hadn't read yours yet! Dinosaurs are a very good thing to ask for :)