Sunday, December 6, 2015

December!

Christmas cards probably aren't happening this year.  I LOVE getting cards from my friends.  I fill my whole door up- it is such a treat and reminds me of all of the love there is in my life.  But alas, my computer is so out of date I can't even upload pictures to make a card on the typical picture/card sites.  So, I am not going to spend another minute on it.  Here are some holiday outtakes with an energetic and willful 2-year-old.  
Okay...a half smile in the leaves.  Not bad.

No, you cannot make me sit on the steps for a family picture.  I am going to sit right here in defiance!
Dave thinks we can somehow salvage the situation.  LOL!
I will bury myself in between you two...I refuse to sit on the steps!
This looks cute enough, even though my hair is being pulled from my head.  This picture is probably a good representation of our family's energy.  

I like the holidays, and they are even better with Isla because she is so dern excited about everything Christmas.  We open our advent calendar every morning.  She loves Christmas trees.  Oh, and guess what our new favorite movie is?  FROZEN! and you know what? I love it too.  Every parent I know hates Frozen.  And yes, I get that you have to watch it a million times and sing "Let It Go" every 10 minutes, but I still love it.  

The holiday season is also about the St Jude Marathon.  If you have not run the marathon or half marathon before, put it on your calendar.  There are lots of races that are for a cause, but nothing is better or more tear jerking than running through St. Jude campus and realizing that you are giving kids a chance to grow up.  You are really saving lives.  Thanks to donations and events like the St. Jude marathon, no family ever has to pay for treatment for their child.  There is nothing else like it.  So- please consider running it next year!  #Spreaglet loves loves love cheering at the marathon, and we will be your biggest cheerleader!




 

No comments: