Monday, October 12, 2015

Break!

I am on the back end of a two week training break, which was unplanned but probably needed.  After the marathon-10k-half iroman craziness, I was sick, which I expected would happen once I had fluid in my ears for a week that wouldn't drain.  I knew I would need a bit of time off, and just in case I wasn't going to take it, my body forced it on me.  I was totally fine with it, with the exception being that I probably have to drop out of the Road Race Series now as I want to make sure I have a healthy fall/winter and don't want to dig any holes.

So, no training or exercise...a whole lot of work...and a some happy moments in between...
Andreas Raelert- as everyone who has ever read this blog knows- my very favorite triathlete- on his way to a 2nd place at the Ironman World Championships.  Photo credit to Karin Langer, who loves me enough to make sure she always snaps some pictures of him just for me :) 

And SUPER CONGRATS to Heather Jackson and all of my other Wattie Ink Teammates.  What a day!
We had lots of mommy-daughter time this week.  Oh, and Dave and I hired a babysitter for the first time ever so we could go to a wedding.  What what???  We left our kid with a babysitter? And it was successful?
I live 1 mile from the start of the Saturday am Toxic Tour Ride, where you don't want to get dropped because the route does not go through the finest Memphis neighborhoods.  Despite living so close, I had never attended the ride until this weekend.  I was pleasantly surprised to see fresh coffee time before the ride.  Now that is a great way to start and early morning Saturday! I'll be back!
And...a huge branch smashed my car this past week.  Interestingly, this is the only car we own.  Hm.  I don't know how I didn't freak out about this, but somehow I managed to just take another drink of wine and move on.
This was the glass of wine that saved me from a minor freak out.  I happened to be at another wedding- 1 out of 2 for the week, and was too happy to be stressed.  :)  Congratulations to my cousin Nick and his wife Jamie!

 
More wedding fun
And, this is a typical daycare drop off for Isla.  There was a fun parade for the day, and she was super unimpressed.  Yay for having no control over weather your toddler smiles for the camera or not! :)

No comments: