Monday, March 3, 2014

Mommy 26.2 Marathon

Yesterday I had the pleasure of participating in my first mommy smashfest.  I say pleasure, because it was one!  Hillary put a trail marathon on my schedule, as in find some trails and run 26.2.  Bring some friends for company.  Have fun.

I knew no one probably wanted to run a spontaneous marathon.  I rounded up 2 kind souls to do some of it with me.  I made them each a medal of appreciation, because when you have a medal waiting for you at the end of the run, that makes it all worth it, right?  :) 
You never know what you are going to get when you come run with me :)

I had an awesome medal waiting for me too at the end of my run.  And 26.2 miles later, I was done and wearing it.  How did it go?  

It was great!  I just kept an easy pace and the miles ticked by.  It was the oddest feeling to know I could just go run a marathon at a moment's notice.  I fondly thought back to my first marathon and the long preparation just to run (jog, really) every single step of that marathon.  It is always fun to look back and appreciate where we started. 
Best medal ever.  Isla helped me make it by eating the paper.  What a helper!
I couldn't have done it without super dad giving me the morning off.  Isla is work- it is not a cakewalk to watch her.  She is a big handful of energy, an you better come with it when you are with her.  "Chill" is not in her vocabulary.  So thank you, Dave, for letting me have a little smashfest time. 

Believe it or not I am totally fine today.  It must be the combination of my easy running and trail surface, but I feel great.  Work and daycare were cancelled with the snow/ice, so Isla and I are at home playing hard.  She can now crawl over the entire house and is pulling to stand, so I have my work cut out for me.  "Safe" and "no" are not in her vocabulary yet (I am not sure they will ever be!).  And just as I am typing this she is just stood up and is pushing the rolling play station around.  Yikes!!!! 

Gotta go!  Have a great week.  Find something fun, whether it be a marathon or just something that makes you feel accomplished and go out and get it done. 

xo

4 comments:

emily said...

I think youre nuts. and awesome!!!

Steve said...

congrats on the 26.2. Maybe more congrats on making the medals. Who does that?? Who wants to?? ;) haha.

you crazy. :) LOL

Have fun. :)

Joy said...

Wow good job Damie! On the cool medals and marathon :)

Kris Cordova said...

Very cool! The only thing I can think of that's harder than "marathon" is putting "Trail" in front of it. lol