Sunday, February 9, 2014

Weekly Lessons

There is the old saying that the same lessons will be repeated in life until you learn them.  I have recently felt that each training week was looking the same.  The good sessions were good, and then there were the missed workouts or the sub-par workouts.  The ending to each week seemed to reflect the same themes:  struggle and lack of progress.

But tonight I tried to really see if I could learn something from the training that was more than the physical lesson.  Time to turn on the good ol' brain!

Here is are some take away lessons for me:

I cannot control the following things, and I need to stop stressing about them and just let it roll.  These things will interfere with training, and I just have to smile and move on. 
-being sick
-lack of sleep
-logistical things that are just going to come up with taking care of Isla

 Random Isla picture thrown in the middle of the postI have no other pictures on my phone to share.  :)
Where I can improve:
 - Planning.  I have had some PPP (piss poor planning) moments every week that could have been avoided.  I have missed/cut short/done improperly a few workouts simply because I didn't take a few extra minutes somewhere else in the week to plan better.
-Guilt.  Let it go.  It is not too much to ask to get a daily dose of exercise.  My family will be better for it.  If Dave says all is good, I need to let the guilt go and get the workout in.  

So, until I let go of the things I cannot control and do a better job of improving in the areas that are within my power, my weeks are going to stay static.  Time to learn my lessons!

Can anyone resist this face?  OMG!!!!!  LOVE HER!!!!  kiss kiss kiss!!!  This was after a playdate with our friend Sullivan.  She was totally tuckered out. 



1 comment:

Laura said...

You are so right! Funny the lessons I'm having to repeat are so very different from yours. Miss ya tons!!!