Friday, June 14, 2013

The Calm Before

So things have definitely taken a turn.  If you asked how I felt the past few weeks, I would say "Great!"  I was working hard at work, swimming at lunch, and feeling pretty good.  Then the piano jumped on my back this week.  I guess it is the combination of the weight + heat + baby on her way that has made things so much harder.

I cut my caseload down at work to 50% this week, and it was the right thing to do physically (although my pay check does not like the 50% decrease.  Next week I am also going to work 50% and then that is it.  Finito!  So, just a few more days of work.  I have definitely been struggling to be a good PT to my patients, so it is time to make the break.
Everyone says I will get bored at home if I don't work up until the baby is born.  Bored?  I have never been bored in my life.  And how could I be bored with these two?  They have LOVED that I have been home more recently.  This morning they blocked the front door from more as if to say...."nuh uh, Missy!  not without our walk!"  I LOVE these two.  I love every minute I spend with them. 
This morning I picked up a strange mountain man on my walk.  :)  
 
I think I am now just a walker.  I still keep trying to swim, but I kid you not, I continue to be sabotaged.  For the 2nd time this week, I worked my schedule around the pool, took the extra pregnant effort to get swim ready, and then get out to the deck and a kid had puked in the pool thus causing contamination evacuation.  I was determined to not be derailed yesterday, so I went to a pool where I had to pay to swim.   I think I might have made it 1000 slow and "why am I here again?" yards before I just got out.  I wasn't really discouraged, it was more like I had come face to face with my pregnancy and the fact that my body is dramatically slowing now.  The end is nearing :)
Baby preparation calls for some extra cleaning.  I haven't had time to "nest" yet, but I am hoping I will be able to do that soon with the time off.  I have been trying to deep clean a little here and there, and this weekend I came across a roll of film that looked like it hadn't been developed.  What a surprise!  It was from 2005- pre-wedding stuff.  For those of you that don't know, I do not really have any pictures of Dave and I at our rehearsal OR our wedding.  I kid you not.  No one took any of us at the rehearsal, and the photographer took maybe 2 pictures of the two of us at the wedding doing things like cake cutting.  (but I have plenty pictures of my friends!) 

But, on this roll of film, there was a single picture of Dave and I on our wedding weekend (this was rehearsal dinner).  So exciting!!!!  And of course some cute pics of me and my sister partying a little bit.  Maybe I should clean more often!

5 comments:

GoBigGreen said...

Oh those are fun pics of you guys. I hope you are doing well Damie. I can just feel the anticipation in your writing:) XOXO

Steve said...

You without pics?? I don't believe it. I even have pics of our wedding, but I never look at them. I know I got drunk that night, and acted like a fool, but I tend to do that a lot anyway.

Me and a handful of guys got in a circle and did some fake river dance thing that was soooooo dumb. OMG we were so stupid, and my shins hurt after that. ;)

Enjoy your time off Damie. :))

Laura said...

It's almost time to meet baby girl Roberts! Super excited for you Damie. And look at that cutie mountain man you found! Next time you see him tell him his old Gary Fischer is getting some use! HUGS!!!

Michelle Simmons said...

I've been thinking about you!! Excited to see pics if your little girl! :) xoxo Now go clean your house she won't come until its all clean and ready. :)

ADC said...

You haven't changed one single bit from that photo you've found.

Don't worry - you won't be bored after you finish work. With me being overdue I ended up at home for 4 weeks after I finished work and I was definitely not bored. Tired, yes. Bored, no.
Not long now. So excited for you.