Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Wednesday Stuff

Not too much going on around here. I am caught in a cycle of rest, train, sick.  How much rest do I need before it is okay to train? I can't quite figure it out yet.  I tried a 2 hour bike today and spent the rest of the day feeling like I had just done an ironman with the flu.  I ended up cancelling my date with Elvis tonight at the Candlelight Vigil.  I just couldn't see myself standing for several hours.  I hope I get this all figured out soon. 

I did do something productive today by working with Azumi on a leash.  It is pretty obvious no one taught her anything before I found her, so she is a big "puller."  After about a quarter of a mile she chills, but it is a quarter of a mile too long.  So, today we worked on walking with a loose leash- no pulling.  She is getting it, but not there totally.  It is going to take some consistent practice.  Plus, she loses all focus when she sees someone in the neighborhood and wants to kiss everyone. The good thing is, she is eager to please. 

 It is really funny, too, when I tell her to come back and get close to me.  I use a finger to point to where I want her to come, and she kisses it every time.  It is hard not to laugh at her. 

So, trying to get everything finalized for her...  her new mom-to-be is a great friend of mine and is going to make a perfect match for her.  So excited!!!!!!

2 comments:

mtanner said...

You are an angel Damie!

Libby said...

Oh she is soooo cute!