Saturday, July 16, 2011

Race Prep

No wonder I usually travel to all of my races solo, or with another triathlete. So far in Wisconsin, I have done absolutely nothing to help my racing cause. It is not my fault- I get overruled by all of my friends. Actually, they have even admitted to trying to find ways to make me skip the race so we can just have more fun over the weekend. Apparently they are trying the "bait and switch" approach on me- if we just bait her up to Wisconsin, we can switch her plans around.

I thought we were sleeping in a cabin on the lake. Nope, we are sleeping on a boat. No problem. The gentle rocking is only making me mildly sick.

And Tom said we were walking "15 minutes" minutes to a music festival last night. Yup. Two hours of walking later.... and an entire night of standing on my feet. I did get a chocolate covered marshmellow out of the deal.

At least they let me go to bed "earlier" than they went to bed. And I only had to listen to them party for about 4 more hours.

Okay. Saturday. I am trying to rein myself in and get prepared!!! I love my friends :)




No comments: