Friday, July 1, 2011

Almost Normal

I feel a little revived. It is always a good sign when I look at the training schedule and think it looks too easy.

Except for the runs...time to pick up the pace a bit. I have finally admitted to myself that not only do I hate heat, but I also hate speed work and tempo runs. I can trace this back to high school track. I would beg the coach for more miles if I could run slower. (For you soccer players out there- is that not classic center mid-fielder or what?) The funny thing is, I caught myself almost emailing Tim to ask for more miles in my week with less pace. Old dog...same trick.

In light of all of this, I have also decided that neither the heat nor faster running will kill me, and I just need to do it whether I like it or not. And the "hate" usually fades to tolerable by the 3rd repeat. I envy all of you faster runners out there that have trouble slowing down in your training runs. I am the complete opposite- need a fire under my a$$ to get moving.

Happy 4th of July. Looks to be a great training weekend. :)

No comments: