Friday, May 27, 2011

Memphis has had some awful weather this spring, but this morning was as gorgeous as it gets. Last year I did a lot of morning riding, but I have not have not done one single group ride in the morning this year. I was so excited when Tim said he would meet me early to get in a few extra easy miles, and then we jumped in the "small chain ring Peddler Friday ride." It is a very easy ride, which sets me up perfectly for a little harder ride on the weekend. It was such a beautiful, crisp morning. I can always count on Tim to put in a few extra miles in the dark, dark morning. Unfortunately, no picture of Tim...he made fun of me last time I brought my camera for a morning ride. I guess guys don't take pictures of "their day." :)
But Rachel was down for a picture or two! It was so great to chat with her all morning long. We used to meet 2-3 x week to ride in the am and then do some post-ride running drills. She is just such an incredible athlete and nice person- it is such a good friend to see first thing in the morning.



And no morning is complete without ball time in the back yard. I mean, Rooney is so pitiful in the morning while he waits for me in the kitchen to come and play. He really has his "routines." I am starting to notice that all of his routines involve me. How did Dave get an exemption?

Happy Morning- Happy Friday!!!!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Yay, the Giant has come out to play! Miss the morning B-rides with you Damie!