Wednesday, April 27, 2011

April Showers

Whew! Memphis is a little crazy this time of year weather wise. Just when you are super excited to ride your bike outside, mother nature makes sure it is extra windy to give you just a little more of a challenge. I used to hate riding in the wind, but I have learned to just ignore the mph and enjoy the day outside.

This week we have moved from wind to storms. Real storms with huge downpours, hours of lightening, tornadoes, and loss of power. We have listened to tornado sirens many times the past 2 weeks. Of course you are supposed to take cover when you hear sirens. So when I was running yesterday, with lightening every 15 seconds and tornado sirens going off all over the city, I couldn't help but think that just maybe I am not right in the head. I spent one mile trying to figure out when to just go home.

I finally called it quits when I decided it wasn't worth explaining to Dave how the lightening and thunder were "such and such seconds apart so I was not in big danger." Never mind the sirens. Some battles just aren't worth it, plus I realized I sounded like an idiot.

At least we have our power back this morning. I have been sitting here listening to 3 consistent hours of lightening and rain. It feels good to just sit back, listen, and rest. Mother nature is pretty awesome.

Here are some pics from the past weekend- sunny and windy!!!
Los Locos at the Cycle for Safety. I am the midget in the middle.

I have been trying to strengthen my arms, I swear. But when I see myself next to Kevin, I realize that I still own chicken wings. However, Kevy looks great!

A new project for you!!!

Who doesn't need to clean out there closet and get rid of some gear that they do not use anymore? Once I started filling this box, I came across more and more things that I do not use enough to justify keeping. It is time to share!!! Bree is collecting running shoes and clothes for 200 Philippines children so that they, too, can experience the joy of running. Check out the details here. And send your box of stuff to the address below.

Bike Works
74-5583 Luhia Street
Kailua-Kona, Hi 96740
808 326 2453

PS- she needs this by May 15th!

No comments: