Friday, January 14, 2011

Two great things that happened in my life today:

1. As Dave was leaving for work this morning, I heard him tell Rooney in a hushed voice, "Bye Roo- I love you and will miss you." I don't think I was supposed to hear him say that. It was really sweet.

2. When I went into a hole in the wall hardware store in Hollysprings, Mississippi today, the old hardware men gave me a cupcake and a bottle of water. There is nothing like being in the South! I think they were so excited to have a female in the store, they were bending over backwards to spoil me!

Two challenges I face right now:

1. Now that I have changed jobs, I have the added responsibility of making sure I make enough money. This requires me to really work on building my caseload as well as working some PRN night shifts at my old job to make sure our income does not take a huge hit. It is a different type of work responsibility- I am now in more control of what I make....or don't make. Because I am no longer "8 to 5", I have to be disciplined enough to work when it is advantageous rather than sleeping in or deciding to lounge around the house.

2. I was super stoked about having Gil Stovall as my new master's swim coach. Workouts were a killer. He taught me how to fix my right arm recovery. Things were on the up. Unfortunately he has moved on. So, no master's coach...and increased worries that my swimming will continue to stay sub par. Actually, this worries me a lot (well, in as much as you should be worried about sports). It is not a good feeling to spend time working on something and not see improvement.

This weekend looks good- got some 800s in the morning (Dave is already trying to back out), Earling Jensen's tomorrow night for super special date night, a few moments with the trainer, and many moments of relaxation. Happy weekend is here!

No comments: