Monday, December 6, 2010

Before I tackle Christmas, I need to finish Thanksgiving and the beginning of holiday tradition. Here is our 2010 picture of the Annual Turpin Turkey Trot. Papa was in charge of shirts this year, and in accordance with his personality, he had them screen printed. (and my shirt from 2006 is still voted worst shirt- I will have a chance to redeem myself in 2012). And papa dressed up as a turkey...laughs all around :) I think there was supposed to be a contest where the loser had to wear the turkey suit around the neighborhood for the Turkey Trot, but somehow papa just took ownership and wore it with pride.

Okay- so on to Christmas-

The Turpin family decided to do donations this year to the Porter-Leath Toy Drive instead of buying a lot of stuff for each other. It was a lot of fun filling up a basket with kids' toys and making a worthwhile donation. I hope we make this our new annual Christmas tradition- it felt good to give.

Next up- Stumbling Santa 2010 for the Ronald McDonald House
My girlfriends from work and I dressed up in our Christmas gear and pranced down to Beale Street. We exchanged our donated toys for shots (a fair trade) and went bar hopping. Dave was being a party pooper, so we left him at home to watch ESPN. (wife in short skirt, or ESPN....priorities, you know?)

Did I mention how sad I am to leave my friends from work next week to start my new job? ;((((

I kept texting Dave how much fun I was having, blah blah, too bad he is a party pooper... and next thing I knew, Dave showed up in the most hilarious outfit to have some fun. (all you have to do is make something a competition, you know? Guys fall for that every time).

Sunday- Me on the couch, the dogs on top of me (not on the open side of the couch), a romance novel in hand, still in my pajama pants at noon, hair a mess. Total happiness.

More fun to come ahead with the Annual Christmas Sweater Party this weekend and the Los Locos Christmas party next weekend. Whoop whoop!

No comments: