Friday, September 10, 2010

On the road again...

Michelle Bingham and I are going to the Trail of Tears triathlon. I have had my eye on this race for a while for no other reason than it is the Trail of Tears. Supposedly I have Cherokee Indian in me from my father's side, so I feel drawn to this race. I hope to feel a good connection with my inner spirit and life tomorrow. :)

These are pics from the last race with Michelle...loaded up...

Bright and early...time to race...
Whoo hoo! Done! Now wasn't that fun!

I am sure this weekend will be more of the same- fun!! I can't think of a single triathlon that has not just been a blast one way or another. I must have good friends :)

But heavy on my mind is Curt Arthur...a cycling accident has placed him in the ICU. His wife has been one of my best training partners as of late- so good in fact, she called me Thurs at 6:20am in the ambulance to tell me she would not be able to make our running drills session. She is dedicated, loyal, and a good friend. And so is Curt. They are my neighbors and friends...people that I see almost every single day. His condition is very serious right now, so please keep them both in your prayers. Every little prayer will help.

No comments: