Wednesday, June 9, 2010

I have become a bad blogger- I simply cannot think of simple thoughts these days to right down. Plus, I am not really doing anything besides working and trying to fit in some training. Let me get back to you after my upcoming vacation...maybe I will be inspired.

I have enjoyed a couple of hard training weeks, and I have enjoyed watching myself unravel as well as the gauntlet finally came down on me. Now that I have left the beginner ranks of triathlon and moved to the intermediate years, I no longer worry about "bad" workouts, missed sessions, or slow progress. Well, not as much, anyways. Bad/tired days are just your inner coach sending you a change in the workout schedule for the week.

I find myself drinking a glass of wine tonight in place of a run/swim- and here is why:
- I was very fatigued on my Tuesday ride. While I could manage the ride well enough, there was no pop or up in my legs or heart.
-I "thought" I heard thunder last night so I slept in and skipped swim. Lo and behold, there was not a drop of water on the ground this morning when I went to work. I must have really been reaching for a good reason to skip today in my subconscious.
- At some point today at work, I found myself lying on the floor in the middle of the gym....at a skilled nursing facility (think c-diff, leaking diapers, any other germ that is found in a hospital on the floor). I actually did not care, though, because I just needed to crash for a second. My patients now think I am crazy. I know I am crazy. That is not the point. I was just really tired and need a break.

Whew hew. So, I took another nap when I got home, poured a glass of wine, and cleaned my bikes. We will try again tomorrow.

And, if that doesn't work, there is always my awesome vacay coming up.




No comments: