Sunday, May 2, 2010

Jazzy!

Just a few pics from Jazz Fest 2010. I am beyond tired from my endless parade of over-the-top weekend activities, but as one of my patients told me the other day- I live an interesting life. (IMO)

Acura stage- watching Pearl Jam (saw them last in 1997- Eddie Vedder still has it going on). I got to see Dirty Dozen Brass Band, Rebirth, Galactic, - and my favorite of the day...Kenny Wayne Shepherd in the Blues Tent.
Some New Orleans humor...
One of my favorite dishes at Jazz Fest- fried plantains. Jazz Fest is as much about the food as it is the music. I do NOT fear calories- I had an oyster biscuit, crawfish beignets, crawfish sac, crawfish pie, fried plantains....
Jazz Fest is always a great time to meet up with friends- here is Dave with some of our Spring Hill College friends from Dallas, Charlotte, and Nola.
Dave and I after Jazz Fest.
6 of us (I am sitting on Dave's lap) piled into the smallest car in the world to go out. I wonder if we will still be doing this in our 40s......

4 comments:

Jennifer Harrison said...

That pic of you guys in the small car cracks me up..and Damie, you WILL be doing this in your 40s! you (anyone) never changes!

And, I missed your RR where you won - CONGRATS! (sorry about the swim tho).
xo

Laura said...

I totally should have come. Really regretting my decision now - I have ALWAYS wanted to see Pearl Jam!!!

I did put comment moderation on my blog because I kept getting spammed. Boo!

P.S. WE are going to be doing this in our 40's - I mean Steve still is. ;)

GoBigGreen said...

Crawfish!!!! yum!!!
Thanks for understanding my scapular insecurities. It ticks me off that the Rght side knows how to play along but the Left side is, well....not with the program. I was going to use a non PC term, but didnt.

MIM is so on my list of races to do, so someday. Maybe next year!

Hope you are doing well and congrats on the win!!!

Mommy of THREE little MONKEYS said...

that last picture cracks me up! seriously all i can remember are the good ole days from IC. I think like 10 of us piled into someones car once, whose was it Jen S? LMAO! so funny!