Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Check This Out

Today is the date that marks 6 years since my friend Chad passed away after battling Hodgkin's.  He was a life long friend- the kind you know in first grade back when you are a kid and have have a great sense of judging character.  Many of you know that I turn to him for strength during competition as he was a great athlete.  I think of him when I cross the finish line of many races and thank him for watching over me.  He is one of my guardian angels (along with Mac)- they protect me in my athletic endeavors.    

When Chad started to battle cancer, I ran my first marathon with Team in Training/Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in his honor.  It was a very special marathon for me- more special than any PR or numerical achievement.  Sorry for the tiny picture and the bad 8th grade hair- that is a picture of me and Chad (brown hair on left) from 8th grade graduation.  



So, I have a special place in my heart for athletes that choose to run for a cause.  Please check out the following blog below and show your support.  

Dreaming Over The Ocean is preparing to do a half-marathon in support of Team in Training.  She is currently training and fundraising to support the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, and she needs your help.  Check out her blog and see if you can lend a hand...no amount is too small and every donation really helps out.  If you get a chance, stop by her site and lend a word of encouragement.      







No comments: