Saturday, January 16, 2010

Oh Yeah!

Fully loaded New Orleans- 2:02 am, Dave is asleep, and I need to move to bed myself. We have a BIG, BIG day tomorrow. Who dat?

Great day- Dave and I had a fun(ny) run in Audubon Park to start off our day. I had heartburn and achilles burn for the 30 minutes duration. Let me just tell you, being out of run shape stinks- there is no way around it. You just have to suffer to get it back, even the small stuff. Dave constantly asked me how much time we had left and complained so much, that I finally started to believe that he really does hate running.

We moved from Audubon Park to the French Quarter, and Dave cheered up instantly.

We met some old college buddies at Lafitte's Bar in the quarter, and wandered over to Molly's. The talk of the day? The return of Deuce McAllister.
Next up- dinner with the in-laws. Dave and I always seem to find a way to eat well when we visit the city- dinner at Coquette ( I give it a c+, which is harsh in Nola rankings, but way better food than anything in Memphis). The mother-in-law and I both seemed to think that the in-look for the night included a collared shirt layered with a Saints shirt. And then Dave and his dad both wore plaid? Weird and unplanned....
It is ALWAYS a good idea to stay out way past your bedtime. And I am not even sure where we ended up for the night- some bar on Tchoupitoulas. I would just like to record on record, that Dave is out for the count for tonight, and I am still awake. I win.

And tomorrow is the BIG day. GEAUX SAINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Scott said...

Where y'at?

I stumbled across your blog a couple weeks ago. I am a New Orleans native living in exile in Baton Rouge. I have spent many a morning running the trail ring on the outer edge of audubon park, Urban trail running at its finest as those oak tree roots are vicious.
Anyway, great blog! I'll keep checking back to see how the big Breesy is treating you.
WHO DAT!!!!

Laura said...

Glad you two had so much fun! SO happy to watch the Saints win!! I tried to look for you on TV but Steve and I couldn't find you.