Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happenings on a Happy 4th

All is good here at the Roberts' house.

We were originally going to the cabin in Hot Springs with my family and all of the dogs, but things didn't quite work out this morning. We have spent the past week working to get our above ground pool disassembled and moved. All that is left now is a big hole with the liner and at least 1 ton of toxic algae. Cayenne, our smelly, gross dog, runs straight to the nastiness every time we let her out. She tries to eat the nasty, disgusting, toxic waste and BELIEVE ME- she is loving it. We get on to her, chase her out, etc...but she thinks it is funny and takes a big chunk in her mouth before running off to play. She is in HEAVEN with the nastiness.


Since she truly is our nasty girl- she has a stomach of steel and has been unaffected. Roo, on the other hand, followed her out there this morning and I busted him drinking and eating from the brown mush too. Apparently, he does not have a stomach of steel and has been sick all day.
See! Look at Cayenne trying to get a mouthful! Gross!!!!!!

So, we have one dog with a sour tummy, Dave is tired from the week, and I need to study= stay at home. Hopefully the family will forgive us for bailing out on the party.

I have lots and lots of other stuff going on, and I will share the secrets later as they develop into permanent things.

The highlight of my 4th has been the re-introduction of Vs into our house. Two years ago, Dave added Setanta sports to our TV package to watch all of the soccer he wants. It is a great channel- but I discovered he got rid of my Vs to do it. Boy was I mad! Today, though, I heard him on the phone canceling Setanta and adding VS just for me so I could watch the Tour. Yippeeee!!!!!

No comments: