Sunday, June 21, 2009

Return From Vacay

Yes, I spent way too much time in front of the computer today.  I have complete love/hate with Ironman online.  It is so fun to watch everyone, but then I spend hours in front of the computer waiting for my friends, and I don't want to multitask and accidentally miss them!  It really does take up your whole day.  

HELLOOOOO Kerrie and Marit!  You were the studs of the day and my inspiration to keep at it.  I completely wasted my study time watching out for both of you to finish- and I saw you both!!!!  Huge smiles on your faces- what a great day!!!!

I am back in Memphis.  No more vacay for me- I have come back to random stressors that were not here when I left, but I know I will figure out a way to deal with them and take care of it all. We always find a way, don't we?  

I am happy to say that today was my first pain free run in over 3 months.  I took off another 2 weeks after CATS, and today I did a very easy run.  I didn't have any pain and made it through almost three miles.  

Then, I heard and felt consecutive pops.  And thought, oh shit.  

There was no pain, though.  So in my mind, I was hoping that I just broke some adhesions in my knee up.  I jogged a few more minutes and it happened again, so I stopped.  But, again, no pain, so that is good news.  

I am hoping this is the first step to recovery, as this was truly my first run in 97 days to feel okay.  Maybe it was something about getting through the 3 month mark of recovery...  I will not go gung-ho and start running again.  I am still going slow- easy- and conservative.  I won't run again until Wednesday, and I think I will continue with the 2 x week run if possible.  

I have a lot on my plate right now- passing my PT Boards, finding a job, and paying back burdensome student loans.  These things have become my priorities and deserve my focus.  I am back from vacation, so it is time to make these things happen!!!!

Didn't the vacation look fun?  I wonder how I can make my "real life" resemble this...

2 comments:

Loren said...

So happy your run went well today!

kerrie said...

so glad to hear that you are running pain free! YAY!!! just remember to be patient, especially now, and gradually build up your volume! i know how hard it is to hold back when you feel good!

thanks for all of your nice comments and virtual cheering! i am so happy just to have finally returned to racing!!! your turn is next :)