Monday, May 18, 2009

Changes, Eric Northman and Training

Now that I have had a weekend to relax and get used to my new reality, I am really happy I made it through school. I had some poor experiences, but on the whole I made some great friends and have the opportunity to now get a job in the field that I love. Sweet!

Dave said he can already sensed change in me. He was amazed the other day when I cracked a joke. And to everyone's delight, I stayed out past midnight on Saturday. I am not kidding, either, when I say felt like I lost 5 lbs in one day. Everything seemed lighter- maybe it was the stress lifted off of my shoulders.

So what have I done since that last day of school? Well, I am happy to say that I read the last of the Sookie Stackhouse novels. I actually read the last 3 in 3 days. (I think I literally read the entire 9 book series in 2 weeks...and I recommend the books, but not the TV show.)

So, I am pulling for Eric (who wouldn't want a man that looks like a Viking god?). I mean, Bill really loves her, but he messed up. Eric acts like he cares only for himself, but I am hoping that deep down he can pull out something special to win her over. I think he was her true love in book 4. hmmmmm..... I always want books to end the way I want the to end.

Oh yeah, and training. I bet some of you are wondering about that. Today I got in the pool and managed to get sunburned. Tonight I am going on a bike ride with some of the girls. I think the rest of this week I will thrash it out at the Peddler rides. I am gearing up for that sprint triathlon this weekend with Bekah. Never mind that 2 miles of running (or walking, whatever) will be the hardest thing I will ever do. I bet my HR will be sky high and I will see stars since I haven't run in so long.

It is nice to have time to train again, and it is nice to have a clear mind and happy thoughts. The only thing missing in my day today is the Sookie Stackhouse book 10 where the happy ending occurs just as I have planned....

No comments: