Thursday, November 13, 2008

Why I Like To Work With Kids

Special moments working with kids this week:
  • One little boy ran and jumped in my lap to sit with me during circle time. What is that wetness I feel? Oh..... great.
  • As we were pretending to wash ourselves for gross motor and sensory integration practice, one boy in the class reminded me that we forgot to wash our wieners. I now know who the cleanest kid in that class is!
  • One girl wiped her nose on my pants, but tried to do it in secret. When I called her out, she laughed and laughed that I had figured out what she was doing.
  • As I was working with a three-year-old girl with spina bifida on pushing up the stairs, she decided she wanted to use my stomach as a place to push. She told me that my tummy was "big."
These are just a few samples of the funny moments in my days, and they are the moments that really keep me going at work.

Sorry I don't have pictures of any of these things- pee, wieners, boogers, or my fat tummy. Next post maybe...

3 comments:

Jan said...

when teaching, i always got the comment....miss vining, you look so tired. why are your eyes black? gotta love kids' honesty! i really WAS tired because i had to be at school at 7:15!

Anonymous said...

Great post Damie. Makes me think that kids are like "magic eight balls".
N-

Eileen Swanson said...

And I was just starting to look into teaching elementary school.....HA!

BTW- congrats on IM FL, congrats on cleaning, and super cute pics of roo and cayenne helping you clean ;-)

XO,
E