Tuesday, October 14, 2008

blah blah

There is really nothing to blog about today. I did write a long post about some tool that wouldn't let me share a lane with him yesterday in the pool, but blogger was having some probs posting it, so everyone was spared. Beware of the guy in flippers, middle aged and mean, that won't share a lane unless you circle swim with whatever underwater snorkling he is doing. He will literally whine out loud if you ask to split a lane with him.

Otherwise, things are just usual around here. I have worked the past two days, which I am sure pleases my family. I try to explain that training for an Ironman is work, but I guess if you are only spending money and not making money it tends to make people think otherwise.

I am trying to eat a little healthier, which means I can't touch the cupcake sitting in my fridge. I also didn't put cheese on my sandwich or my black beans and rice. None of this is fair. You know that saying, "if the furnace is hot enough, it will burn anything?" I think that only applies to men.

It is not officially taper time yet, but when it is- I am sure you all will know as I start to moan and groan about how out of shape I am in- how fat I am- how I didn't train enough- etc... Until then, there is still some work to be done (just in different doses). :)

2 comments:

Jan said...

your dance picture cracks me up every time i see it! i'm loving the spiked hair and shiny pants!

Mira (Ivanovich) Lelovic said...

Yeah, I fell for that line at one time about the furnace and all it got me was a bigger butt! Glad your taper is almost here!