Wednesday, July 23, 2008

This Week

And Passing Thoughts...

  • Congrats to my friends Laura, Charlie, and Brian- first time Ironman finishers at Lake Placid. I mean, I still want to cry when I think of how proud I felt when they finished. Congrats to all of my other IMUSA finishing friends, too. I continue to be amazed every day by the strength and wonder of my friends here in Memphis.
  • I did get to save a turtle this morning. I don't get to do that on group rides less my butt get dropped, but today I was solo...yea turtles! Oh, and I saw a wild turkey and 6 fledglings!
  • Gina gets married in 3 days!!!
  • Congratulations to Joy, Deb, and Alyson on their great Mighty Mite races. Joy won first overall- it must be from training with me! JK :)
  • I woke my butt up and rode 3 hours at 6:00 am this morning. My morning mantra was: I am doing what I don't want to do now (this ride, by myself, this early), so I can do what I want to do later (finish Ironman Florida).
  • Oh yeah! I met the coolest guys last night at the track- Fletcher and Bob. They were working on their sprinting form and doing some easy strides in the grass. Bob is also almost 80 years old- with legs of steel. Seriously, any 30 year old male would be proud to have his muscle. Bob holds a bunch of state track records in Tennessee for his age group. I was so inspired to meet him yesterday....I mean...almost 80!!!!! He could whip my butt, too! With the right attitude in life, we have so many good things waiting for us at every age.
  • I don't know if I have anything else on my mind right now. I seemed to have a lot this morning on the bike ride. Would you all still be my friends if I told you Hannah Montana was motivating me this morning? Ha! I am not kidding, either. :) Okay...time to study and rest before I head to work this afternoon.

No comments: