Sunday, July 13, 2008

A Couple of Pics Before Bed

I am a little too tired to write a full race report right now, so I promise to do that for tomorrow- along with my many thoughts about my performance that will hopefully be condensed by the time I sit and write. In the meantime, here are some pics of the weekend. Dave and I made a mini-vacation out of the trip since we have not had a chance to spend a lot of time together lately.

Friday night in downtown Chattanooga: free concert with a great brass band from New Orleans! Dave and I had our own little date, complete with dinner and music!
Saturday at Lookout Mountain: Dave and I are total tourist. We ride the rail up lookout mountain. I have to admit, I did not like the steep incline at the top. I am getting old and scared.

Sunday morning: Dave at 5:30 am (4:30 our time!). He is such a little trooper when it comes to the early morning races. :) Here he is trying to block out the light in the room and sleep 3 more minutes.

Sunday Race Time: Damie getting on the bike and getting feet in shoes. Like the wet street? Oh, it got worse. This was just the beginning!

Sunday Post Race: Lisa F. and Damie: great friends make it through the struggles of the day and ask the never ending question- why did we sign up for IMFL?
Sunday Post Race: The Los Locos hang with Michael Lovato. He seemed to be a very friendly, easy going, nice guy. I am sure they were all talking training and picking his brain :)

3 comments:

Jan said...

was this the olympic distance one? i didn't realize you were racing it! did it rain the entire time? i don't know how you would bike in the rain like that. i've never actually been biking in the rain before so i'd probably bust all over the place if i tried it. can't wait to hear the race report. thanks for the pictures!

Laura said...

Can't wait to hear about it. Great pictures!

Anonymous said...

Hey love the pic of Michael and los locos! I'm so jelous!!! I wanted to be there so bad!!!