Thursday, March 20, 2008

Round Two

When I woke up this morning, I immediately looked at my phone.  I just knew that a text would be awaiting me, and I was not disappointed!  From Joy:  I was at swim this morning!  Meaning, I was not.  How dare I after my Tuesday tongue lashings to my friends! 

Yesterday I went for my follow up appointment to the doc.  I still have an infection, and my white blood cell count is still high.  So, I am on round two of antibiotics.  I blame it on the fact that I had to work in the hospital on the days I was still sick, thus not getting enough rest.  I probably didn't need to run that extra half marathon either.  Oh well.  So, I stayed out of the pool this morning and hopefully this will clear up soon enough.  

But, more antibiotics?  I don't even know where to start on this topic.  The fact that Dave has not been to the doctor for being sick since he was a kid, and Gina hasn't had antibiotics since 9th grade makes me cringe thinking about my poor body.  I get sick probably 3x a year- and I never clear up on my own.  My lungs always have problems- from bronchitis which is pretty much chronic to pneumonia.  

There has got to be a better way.  What can I do to make my body healthier?  What am I doing wrong?

3 comments:

Joy said...

Sounds like a nosocomial infection to me! Hospital...sickness that recurred...I think you need to stay away from those things. I always seem to get sick when I start tapering, too. Get well soon! :)

Laura said...

Rest Damie, you need rest. Sorry to be so blunt, but you are the marathoningest person I know! ;) You are amazing babe! Love ya and hope you feel better soon!!!!!

Mira (Ivanovich) Lelovic said...

I was sick this week too. I thought maybe it was allergies, but I've never felt so awful. I'm convinced I picked something up from one of the snotty-nosed kids at the preschool. I hope you're feeling better and it's nothing serious. Good swim for being sick!