Thursday, March 13, 2008

Just Checking In

Okay,
I edited this for a better check in when I had time.

CT scans came back negative for a bleed. I guess there is still a chance I could be a little dumber, and that won't show up on a CT scan :) . This week I had a chest x-ray. I had a bad day of coughing with some blood coming up, and we had to make sure I didn't have a contusion on the lungs from the wreck. It seems that is fine too. So, everything seems to be good and I just have to keep letting my body heal.

I have run some since the wreck. It is mostly okay, but the back of my head where I had the worst hit hurts quite a bit after running. It just feels like my skull is cracked back there. But, I am still amazed that I am really and truly just fine. And, today I found not 1...not 2...and not even 3, but 7...yes, 7 four-leaf clovers. I must have a bit of good luck coming my way. I have always been quite good at finding four leaf clovers if I may say so myself.

Some other good news: my dad had his tumors removed and they were all benign. After 6 days in the hospital and a good portion of his large intestine cut away, he is his same crazy self. He even walked a mile today. He gave me a stern lecture last night about my health, taking care of myself, not running when I am sick, and on and on. All I could do was stare at him like he was crazy, which he is. I mean, who is he to lecture????? He was unplugging his IVs the first day of the hospital!

I am stuck in Corinth until next Monday night. So, until then...

No comments: