Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Dookie and Bookie


Bekah and Damie 3-11-05 Rehearsal Dinner


My sister is feeling a little left out since she has not been featured on the blog. So, okay, here is an introduction to my smelly, younger sister Rebekah (aka: Bekah, Bookie, Bookie-roo, Butt-munch...).

Bekah is 26-almost 27 years old. She was always the pretty, athletic sister (naturally, that is). I always had to work at the athletic thing since I was born without a single muscle. But, at least I won the dorky competition between the two of us. I did my homework, she didn't. I gave my stick figures 10 fingers, she gave them 13. I was a huge brown noser in school, she was a social butterfly. She never read a single book in school, I read 5 a week. Now, though, she is even catching up to me on the dorky-meter...she is starting to out-read me!

Okay, so now she has better hair, a better job, better make-up, and a better car than I do. BUT, I have the better dog (Rooney can sit on command unlike Zinny...ha ha!). I am not sure who has the better man...what a toss up. :)

Bekah and I are the best of friends. We love each other probably more than we love anyone else in the world. That means we also share the deepest of all other feelings with each other (such as getting mad and getting in sister-fights). We are polar-opposites in a lot of ways (she is a snob, I am cool), but we are also very similar (we can both recite every word to Real Genius).

You are now formally introduced to Bookah. I am sure she will appear again as the year goes on.

1 comment:

Mommy of THREE little MONKEYS said...

That was HILAROUS! But the funny part about it was it was mostly true! and i mean mostly (we all know which parts)

bookie if you are reading this, I love you!